The Home Fragrance Company Grand Opening!
Just off the river Ouse in Bedford, a new shop has opened! Filled to the brim with smells, sweets and gifts galore, it is the perfect place to buy a present for someone else – or yourself!
Owner Aaron Fisher decided to take his online business, The Home Fragrance Company, into Bedford when an opportunity for a shop front came up that he couldn’t ignore. After weeks of planning and building the store is now open to the public, and the excitement at the launch party has got the town buzzing!
"We have been operating successfully now since September 2012, online only, from the warehouse behind us on Duckmill Lane. It is almost the reverse of the norm, typically a shop would open physically and then progress to online sales, this is the complete opposite. I think this would really stand us in good stead in terms of longevity. The decline of the “high street” and the dominance of “online” is an issue that keeps cropping up. I believe smaller stores are squeezed out because they simply can’t compete with online sellers and the service they offer so in my opinion you have to offer both and most definitely ensure success online first. If new retailers bucked the trend and find success online initially it would stand them in good stead for opening high street stores! We look forward to seeing you all here and the vast range of fragrances and gifts we have to offer at competitive prices!"
So, what can you find at The Home Fragrance Company?
Yankee Candle, Woodwick, St Eval Candle Company, Vineyard Candles… We have them all! There’s nothing better than a flickering candle with a gorgeous scent for relaxing at home, and we have hundreds to choose from.
- Large Jar Lemon Pound Cake by Village Candle - sugary lemon frosting drizzled over sweet lemon pound cake, with a pinch of hazelnut; all the smell and none of the calories!
- Pumpkin Butter by Woodwick – WoodWick candles have a special wick that crackles like a real fireplace, and their lids double as a heat resistant mat! Pumpkin Butter is a delicious blend of fresh pumpkin and warm spices.
- Prosecco by Vineyard Candles – Vineyard Candles repurpose beer and wine bottles to hold their candles, and the sparkling grape scent of Prosecco is perfect for when you’re wishing for the weekend!
Reed diffusers have all the smell of a candle, if not more, but are entirely flame free! They come in designs to suit every home, and can keep their fragrance for up to 8 weeks!
- Fig Tree by St Eval Candle Company – The earthy designs of St Eval Candle Company add a rustic feel to your décor, and Fig Tree is a clean, refreshing scent with hints of sweet figs
- Geometric Collection by Stoneglow – Stylish and clean, the entire Geometric Collection by Stoneglow is designed fit right in in a modern home. Textured materials, sculpted glass, and a huge range of scents to match any personality; we couldn’t just pick one!
- Thalia Aroma Diffuser by MadeByZen – Not all diffusers have reeds! MadeByZen’s modern diffusers have a colour changing mood light built in, and just require some water and a fragrance oil of your choice to make your room smell perfect.
The Home Fragrance Company has a huge range of gifts, cards and sweets for all occasions!
We stock greetings cards from Counting Stars, who create a variety of clever, beautiful and unconventional cards; there’s one for everyone in the range! Alongside our cards, we have gifts galore; from gourmet sweets by The Treat Kitchen to classy clutch bags from Katie Loxton.
- Hard Boiled Sweet Flask by The Treat Kitchen – Packaged in funky, corked glass bottles, the brightly coloured sweets from The Treat Kitchen speak for themselves; why cover them up with dull packaging? The Treat Kitchen range includes loads of dietary options - gluten free, sugar free, egg free, vegan, vegetarian, lactose free, the list goes on – and they all taste just as good as the others. With all their packaging being reusable, too, this really is one ethical company!
- A Little Wisdom by Joma Jewellery – This silver bracelet has a literal pearl of wisdom threaded on it, and it’s gorgeous. Sold on a mount with the quote “this pearl of wisdom is a precious thing, a little wisdom it will bring”, it’s the perfect representation of the timeless designs Joma Jewellery make!
- Wedding Clutch Bags by Katie Loxton London – They look designer, but are totally affordable. Our Katie Loxton London clutch bags come in almost every colour of the rainbow, and with gold embossed phrases for every occasion. The wedding range includes ‘Just Married’ and ‘Team Bride’ on metallic gold or classy pink. We love them!
Want to know more?
We can be found at 18 St Mary’s Street, Bedford, MK42 0AS – just over the bridge from the high street – from 10am until 530pm Monday to Saturday.
If you can’t make it to the store, all of our stock is available online, and if you have any questions please pop us a message here.
We can’t wait to meet you all, and look forward to being in Bedford for years to come!